Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pregnancy update

Its been a while since I've posted and since I can't really think of anything to blog about I will just do some general updates.

I am 26 weeks pregnant this week. Things are going better than they were earlier. I am not as sick and I finally have got the heartburn under control (thank you prilosec!) I have been feeling the baby move so much more than I ever felt my first son. Its quite strange but also comforting knowing that he's in there moving around having a good time or so I hope.

I found out a couple weeks ago that my younger sister is pregnant. Although she hasn't figured out how far along she is so we'll see how close our kids will be in age. My mother has moved in with us to help take care of the kids. Things have been challenging getting used to sharing our space with someone else, but hopefully it will just keep getting easier.

I think we've finally decided on a name for the baby however we've decided to keep it under wraps until he's born. Partially because we have changed our minds a couple of times and partially because we think it would be a fun surprise.

I've been feeling the stress of preparing for the baby lately. Mostly in preparation of being on maternity leave. I really want to be home with the kids atleast for 12 weeks but financially speaking I don't believe we can afford it. It looks like I will have to go back to work after my Short Term Disability insurance payments expire. Its sad. I really want to spend as much time with my kiddos as possible but unfortunately our country is not very baby/mother friendly and its just frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment