Decided I should start a new section to my blog to help me chronicle my weight loss journey and therefore keeping me motivated, honest, and on track. Maybe it can help others too. Who knows.
Background:
I've been overweight since the 4th grade with varying degrees of severity. I have been really struggling since I started college. I have never had good eating habits and its been a long time since I've had regular exercise.
I injured myself in 1994 and a recent doctor's appointment has brought to my attention that I will need a Hip Resurfacing if not a Hip Replacement in the not to distant future. Obviously my weight has made the situation worse. The Doctor said that its worse than he imagined but he cannot/will not do the surgery until I am under a 30 BMI. I was in constant pain and this is it. My excuses have run out. This appointment was the first week of May.
My friend convinced me to start Weight Watchers with her.
I am going to be very honest, almost embarrassingly so. On May 12th was my first Weight Watchers meeting. My stats were as follows:
May 12th
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 318.0 lbs
BMI: 49.8
Holy crap. Never in my life did I think I would let myself get to this point. I don't want my kids to grow up thinking this is ok. I don't want my husband to worry about my health or to no longer find me attractive. So this is where it began.
The first couple of weeks have gone well. I had gone the the YMCA 3-4 times a week and did well in the eating department. Thankfully Weight Watchers makes it so easy. I am an extremly picky eater so its great that I can pick whatever foods I want as long as I stay within my targets. I have enjoyed it so far.
Here are the follow up stats:
May 19th End of Week 1: 313.2 lbs (4.8 lbs Lost) 49.0 BMI
May 26th End of Week 2: 310.0 lbs (3.2 lbs Lost) 48.5 BMI
June 2nd End of Week 3: 309.0 lbs (1.0 lbs Lost) 48.4 BMI (Memorial Day Week)
So Progress!
Short term goals:
Lose total of 15 lbs by June 30th
Under 300lbs by July 15th
Lose 10% of my starting weight (31.8 lbs) by Aug 30th
Long Term Goal:
Get to a BMI of 30 by Dec 31, 2013 (that's about a weight of 190)
Eventually get to a "Normal" weight of 160lbs
If you are a WW Member and have awesome recipes to share, please do! I'll share mine too.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment